I Know a Guy

>> Tuesday, March 25, 2014

In this morning’s paper, a cartoon caught my eye. Garfield is looking at a caterpillar crawling on the ground. The caterpillar tells Garfield “I’m going to be a butterfly.” Garfield asks, “And just how are you going to do that?” 

“I know a guy.”

That’s when my mind took off. Caterpillars are not lovely. They crawl along the ground. Sometimes they get stepped on…so vulnerable. Do they know that one day they will be beautiful? They are hungry little creatures…stuffing themselves. In the next stage they hang upside down and encase themselves with a shiny chrysalis. And here comes the fascinating part. While they are hanging upside down inside their protective casing, they are being transformed.

I love the word metamorphosis…such rich meaning. The caterpillar knows a “Guy”.

I’ve spent time crawling along the ground…and being stepped on. I had no idea that I contained the makings to become beautiful. But as I passed through the stages of my life, I became hungry…hungry to know more than just crawling along the ground. It was not of my own doing that I became isolated…inside a protective armor. But my time there was not wasted. Slowly…slowly…the transformation occurred.


I, too, know a Guy.

My loving Father caused a metamorphosis to occur. My ugly parts were discarded. Negativity turned into positivity. Judgments turned into empathy. Fear was replaced with peace. Laughter bubbled forth.

You, too, can know a Guy. 

“Don’t run roughshod over the concerns of your brothers and sisters. … God hasn’t invited us into a disorderly, unkempt life but into something holy and beautiful—as beautiful on the inside as the outside.” 1 Thessalonians 4:6-7 (MSG) 

2 comments:

dandelionfleur March 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM  

oh my goodness! I think we know the SAME Guy!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP